Saturday, June 22, 2013

DIY Colored Vases

I'm sure it's no surprise to hear that I, like most women, love a good DIY craft project!
This project is similar to my DIY Makeup Brush Holder, with a different "technique" and much better looking results.
So without further ado...
 
I'm pretty pleased with the finished product, these are great for flowers, pencils, brushes, or for just a pop of color decoration. Oh, and did I mention how easy these were to make?!
 
This is what you'll need:
 
Empty Starbucks Frappuccino Glass Bottle
Acrylic Paint
Goo Gone
Paper Plates 
 
What you need to do:
 
Pull off brand and nutrition stickers and use goo gone to get the leftover sticky off, it should also take off the little printed date on the bottle too.
Then pour acrylic paint in the bottle, rotate to cover as much of the bottle as possible, if you need more paint, add some more.
Once most of the inside of the bottle is covered with paint, you need to place it upside down on the paper plate to allow the excess paint to come out.
You may need to pick the bottle up and place it on a different part of the paper plate every once in a while, as quite a bit of excess paint will come out, after most of the excess paint has leaked out, you can then turn the bottle right-side up so it can finish drying.
I'd leave it overnight before I put anything in it just to ensure that it is completely dry.
And wah-la, a colored vase!
(who knew recycling could be so much fun & cute?)
 
As always, I hope you enjoyed this! Let me know if you try out this little project, I'd love to hear how it goes!
 
-Alyssa
 
P.S. Don't forget to go HERE and enter my nail polish giveaway, & make sure to follow my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment